VoSD on TV
CNN IBN 'India Positive' features 'The Voice of Stray Dogs'
ABN News (formerly Star News) features 'The Voice of Stray Dogs'
Bangalore's No 1 news channel News9 on VoSD (Part 1)
Bangalore's No 1 news channel News9 on VoSD (Part 2)
'The Voice of Stray Dogs' (2011-13), rescue and help info
- CUPA's ABC of catching dogs - some dogs are too old to learn new tricks
- AWS Queens Road Bangalore: Report on findings point to merciless killing, not just callousness
- Animal Welfare Society (AWS) - an ABC deathtrap that should be shut down
- Hell for stray dogs is the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Autonagar dog pound
- 'Stray Dogs in Indian Cities' - a photo-essay by Gokul Krishnan
- The Voice of Stray Dogs presentation (eff Oct 2014) VoSD scale, delivery, systems and processes
- (Some) VoSD’s dogs have been poisoned at the VoSD Trauma Center, likely by ‘NGO activists’ in Bangalore
- Did you know that the (in)famous Chili Beef of Kerala is literally Chili Beef when alive?
- Rescue of 31 cattle by PFCI in Perumanallur (Tirupur District) Tamilnadu: A Case Study
- Crime against dogs: VoSD Crowdsourced Study on Sexual Assaults on Indian Street Dogs
- Anatomy of an activist raid & rescue of illegal transportation of cattle for slaughter in New Delhi (Part 2): Aug 23, 2014
- Anatomy of an activist raid & rescue of illegal transportation of cattle for slaughter in New Delhi (Part 1): The night of June 22, 2014
- VoSD releases its second Android App Release ChammC Corp v 1.0 which brings all the power of the VoSD CRM 3.0 to the hands on the VoSD Rescue team and field staff
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
Posted on | October 21, 2014 | No Comments
(Some) VoSD’s dogs have been poisoned at the VoSD Trauma Center, likely by ‘NGO activists’ in Bangalore
Posted on | October 16, 2014 | No Comments
VoSD’s SOP is clear that we will NOT allow any casual visitors to our facilities – only registered volunteers and employees are allowed. The people who have the most problem with this it are a section of Bangalore ‘activists’ working for a couple of NGOs and their sympathizers and the spammers working for them that has been referred to in an earlier post (picked up by the trashy yellow journalist and editor of Bangalore Mirror). These guys have the option of registering – but will not.
We are on record with the authorities on why we do not allow casual people to come in – because we fear our dogs being poisoned. The absolutely low nature of some of these folks has made us live with that fear. The revolving complaints, the spamming of our pages to get VoSDs responses and the set up with the police and press to force arrest left no doubt.
It was in 22nd Sept that a dog went missing from the new VoSD Trauma Center – he was a known jumper and had to be kept in a cage for that reason. It was the second time the dog had been reported to us – the first time he had been treated to a tumor and returned. The dog was being released on Sept 22nd and for that he was being brought out of the cage. He bit the handler and jumped the 5-6′ fence. The caller had reported 2 dogs – one dog was returned to caller and she was told of this in person by our staff. This was also updated on the CRM and therefore available to her in writing.
In the 1st week of Oct a woman – who is on our blacklist because of her proximity to this particular ‘NGOs’ and their sympathizers that have earlier fabricated situations to bring VoSD to disrepute and have had an active role to play in the ‘fixing and arrest’ of VoSD’s founder Rakesh Shukla as will be revealed in subsequent publication.
Since lady is on a blacklist she can’t report dogs to us – but claimed she reported ‘through’ someone else. This is also a classic sympton of subverting the VoSD SOP process as has been done before by a certain other woman – who called but did NOT hand over the dogs and claimed the dogs to be ‘hers’!
This woman approached me through a friend of mine about ‘her dog’. My ‘friend’ kept vouching for her and and that she be taken to the location to ‘find the dog’ against our SOP. She then invited herself to our office without and was very apologetic about the past. We then let her visit the VoSD TC on Oct 7th, with our people to give the dog a chance, with an undertaking in writing that she will not disclose the location of the VoSD Trauma Center publicly. However that same evening she published the location on certain WhatsApp group(s) to organize search parties! We tried calling her back on Oct 7th to object but our calls were not taken.
Over the next few days she returned with different people. At one time in a car that did not approach but kept parked a distance away when our staff was there. The other person(s) searching with her did not get out of the car at all.
This may or may not be related – which will now be for the police to find out but on the morning of 8th Oct the 1st dog was found dead. In quick succession 3 dogs had died. All the dogs had these in common:
- They all had external/superficial wounds none that were life threatening and none had any disease of showed any distressl
- They all had spent considerable time with us – so were well known to us
- They all were very friendly – unlike many our other injured dogs that are shy and retiring
- They all were mobile that meant that can even get up and approach you – unlike the others that are too badly injured to be able to move under their free will
- Since they had gone through a lot and each had a relationship with the VoSD Founder, staff had instructions not to release these dogs and the dogs will live with us for the rest of their lives.
In effect these are dogs that would come running to our fence unlike others. Our fence is only a wire mesh since neither the land belongs to us, its on lease, nor can be we build permanent structures there. Read more
RACE TO 11 LACS
Rs. 792801 of Rs. 11 lakh
0 5.75L 11.5 L
VoSD Source of funds*
41.5 lakhs 551 lakhs
Donor funds Management Fund
Search VoSD CRM
VoSD Rescue quick STATS
|Service available since: 2012-10-15 |
Days in Service: 737
Blood bank Quick Stats
|Service available since: 2014-01-02 |
Days in Service: 293
CONTRIBUTE TO VoSD in INR
Look for content37197/2011 clubbed with WP(PIL)641/2007 Animal Rights Fund Animal Welfare Board of India Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) Animal Welfare Society ARF AWBI AWS bakr-id Bangalore BBMP CUPA Diana Bharucha Dog attack Hyderabad Illegal cattle slaughter Illegal slaughter Illegal transportation jallikattu Kelly Johnson Levin Municipal Corporation of Srinagar (SMC) Parsee Parsi Prof. Sonya Ghosh Rakesh Shukla Sandeep SDFB Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (SKUAST SONYA GHOSH Stray Dog Free Bangalore stray dogs bangalore Supreme Court Tamil Nadu High Court TAMIL NADU REGULATION OF JALLIKATTU ACT The Voice of STray Dogs Traer Scott VoSD VoSD Conference on Catalyzing Activism for Stray Dogs WP (PIL)427/2007 AND WP No.4034/2007 WP(PIL)501/2007 WP(PIL) 4920/2007 WP (PIL)6229/2007 WP(PIL)7642/2007 WP(PIL)7644/2007