VoSD on TV
CNN IBN 'India Positive' features 'The Voice of Stray Dogs'
ABN News (formerly Star News) features 'The Voice of Stray Dogs'
Bangalore's No 1 news channel News9 on VoSD (Part 1)
Bangalore's No 1 news channel News9 on VoSD (Part 2)
'The Voice of Stray Dogs' (2011-13), rescue and help info
- CUPA's ABC of catching dogs - some dogs are too old to learn new tricks
- AWS Queens Road Bangalore: Report on findings point to merciless killing, not just callousness
- Animal Welfare Society (AWS) - an ABC deathtrap that should be shut down
- Hell for stray dogs is the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Autonagar dog pound
- 'Stray Dogs in Indian Cities' - a photo-essay by Gokul Krishnan
- Why is VOSD building the VOSD Charity Hospital?
- Sarvodaya led by Vinay Moray and its reps, rants in a court pliant in their continued tirade & effort in colluding with others to malign and close down VoSD – Part I
- The Force of Falsity, by Amit Chaudhery
- Sexual Abuse of Street Dogs in India: An analysis of the phenomenon, the law, 1st hand accounts & press reporting
- The Voice of Stray Dogs presentation (eff Oct 2014) VoSD scale, delivery, systems and processes
- (Some) VoSD’s dogs have been poisoned at the VoSD Trauma Center, likely by ‘NGO activists’ in Bangalore
- Did you know that the (in)famous Chili Beef of Kerala is literally Chili Beef when alive?
- Rescue of 31 cattle by PFCI in Perumanallur (Tirupur District) Tamilnadu: A Case Study
- September 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
“X Marks the spot” a collaborative ‘The Voice of Stray Dogs’ Google Maps project: Marking the areas with open garbage
Posted on | November 7, 2011 | 1 Comment
“X Marks the spot” is a collaborative ‘The Voice of Stray Dogs‘ project using Google Maps to mark all areas in Bangalore which have either have an ‘Open garbage dump area’ or ‘BBMP open garbage segregation area’.
- ‘Open garbage dump areas’ (shown in blue) are areas where residents throw garbage in the open and it is not a collection/segregation BBMP center
- ‘BBMP open garbage segregation areas’ (shown in pink) are areas where BBMP’s garbage collectors dump garbage out in the open to it to be segregated later.
Either way, garbage is lying in the open and feeds the dogs that no-one wants in the 1st place. If BBMP kept the place clear of garbage there wouldn’t be the number of dogs in the 1st place.
We want you participate in building this out if you are in Bangalore. Write in with your Gmail ID to (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll send you a collaboration request with instructions on how to label the areas that are in your neighborhood. You will need to photograph what you mark on the map and send these pictures to us.
The motive here is simple – this is not litter – this is mountains for uncollected garbage (300 tons of edible waste is left uncollected in Bangalore everyday) that the dogs feed on primarily. To make Bangalore stray dog free, it has to be made garbage free as well.
What will happen with this map? ‘The Voice of Stray Dogs’ is a pressure group – we collect credible information and make it public to civic and other relevant authorities to take action. We actively pursue with RTI/ legal / other action. We have succeeded in making other change(s). If you ensure your neighborhood garbage dump (and pictures) is on this map – we can assure you that with this collaborative effort it will go!
VoSD Source of funds*
33.14 lakhs 628 lakhs
Donor funds Management Fund
Search VoSD CRM
VoSD Rescue quick STATS
|Service available since: 2012-10-15 |
Days in Service: 1137
Blood bank Quick Stats
|Service available since: 2014-01-02 |
Days in Service: 693
CONTRIBUTE TO VoSD in INR
Look for content37197/2011 clubbed with WP(PIL)641/2007 Animal Rights Fund Animal Welfare Board of India Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) Animal Welfare Society ARF AWBI AWS bakr-id Bangalore BBMP cow slaughter CUPA Diana Bharucha Hyderabad Illegal cattle slaughter Illegal slaughter Illegal transportation jallikattu Kelly Johnson Levin Municipal Corporation of Srinagar (SMC) Parsee Parsi Prof. Sonya Ghosh Rakesh Shukla Sarvodaya Sevabhavi Sanstha SDFB Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (SKUAST SONYA GHOSH Stray Dog Free Bangalore stray dogs bangalore Supreme Court Tamil Nadu High Court TAMIL NADU REGULATION OF JALLIKATTU ACT The Voice of STray Dogs Traer Scott VoSD VoSD Conference on Catalyzing Activism for Stray Dogs WP (PIL)427/2007 AND WP No.4034/2007 WP(PIL)501/2007 WP(PIL) 4920/2007 WP (PIL)6229/2007 WP(PIL)7642/2007 WP(PIL)7644/2007