VoSD on TV
CNN IBN 'India Positive' features 'The Voice of Stray Dogs'
ABN News (formerly Star News) features 'The Voice of Stray Dogs'
Bangalore's No 1 news channel News9 on VoSD (Part 1)
Bangalore's No 1 news channel News9 on VoSD (Part 2)
'The Voice of Stray Dogs' (2011-13), rescue and help info
- CUPA's ABC of catching dogs - some dogs are too old to learn new tricks
- AWS Queens Road Bangalore: Report on findings point to merciless killing, not just callousness
- Animal Welfare Society (AWS) - an ABC deathtrap that should be shut down
- Hell for stray dogs is the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Autonagar dog pound
- 'Stray Dogs in Indian Cities' - a photo-essay by Gokul Krishnan
- Why is VOSD building the VOSD Charity Hospital?
- Sarvodaya led by Vinay Moray and its reps, rants in a court pliant in their continued tirade & effort in colluding with others to malign and close down VoSD – Part I
- The Force of Falsity, by Amit Chaudhery
- Sexual Abuse of Street Dogs in India: An analysis of the phenomenon, the law, 1st hand accounts & press reporting
- The Voice of Stray Dogs presentation (eff Oct 2014) VoSD scale, delivery, systems and processes
- (Some) VoSD’s dogs have been poisoned at the VoSD Trauma Center, likely by ‘NGO activists’ in Bangalore
- Did you know that the (in)famous Chili Beef of Kerala is literally Chili Beef when alive?
- Rescue of 31 cattle by PFCI in Perumanallur (Tirupur District) Tamilnadu: A Case Study
- September 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
Posted on | July 4, 2012 | 2 Comments
This article published on 22nd June, 2012 is reprinted with permission by ‘The Voice of Stray Dogs’ with minor edits and formatting changes but no ‘editorial’ changes. This article shows clearly that while there is a clear lawful demarcation of buffalo and cow meat and only cow meat can be termed beef, and while beef export is banned from India – in actual practice there is flourishing trade of both buffalo and cow meat locally and for exports with full knowledge and connivance of the Union of India and its state. You can see previous article on cow slaughter and transportation by searching on the search box above.
Circulating over the web are many nauseatingly gruesome videos of cows in India being trucked to slaughter, and of slaughter. Their meat is commonly called “beef”, and this essay raises questions of the what and where, in India, is “beef”. Government looks the other way and boasts that we have the largest leather and meat export in the world. As you will see in this essay when our “government looks the other way”, it is legitimate for Indians to ask “where’s the beef?” because the Indian State refuses to see it. It is legitimate to ask
- Why the Government of India and so many State governments connive in the illegal slaughtering of cattle and the illegal trade in beef.
- Why the Indian State has so conspicuously failed to implement Article 48 of the Constitution.
- Why the Government of India and so many State governments turn a nelsonian eye to the stomach-churningly cruel and generally clandestine domestic beef industry and the stomach-churningly cruel and totally illegal beef export from India.
- Why the Indian State so conspicuously fails to implement Article 51A(g) of the Constitution.
- The major domestic and export markets for Indian beef are the beef-eating cultures to the politico-religious sensibilities of which the Indian State displays a craven and pseudo-secular sensitivity.
- Why the Indian State restrains itself from the aggressive promotion of swine husbandry and pork marketing because of beef-eating religions that consider the pig profane, but does not restrain itself from the aggressive promotion of the bovine meat industry even though a much larger number of Indians consider the cow sacred
VoSD Source of funds*
33.14 lakhs 628 lakhs
Donor funds Management Fund
Search VoSD CRM
VoSD Rescue quick STATS
|Service available since: 2012-10-15 |
Days in Service: 1090
Blood bank Quick Stats
|Service available since: 2014-01-02 |
Days in Service: 646
CONTRIBUTE TO VoSD in INR
Look for content37197/2011 clubbed with WP(PIL)641/2007 Animal Rights Fund Animal Welfare Board of India Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) Animal Welfare Society ARF AWBI AWS bakr-id Bangalore BBMP cow slaughter CUPA Diana Bharucha Hyderabad Illegal cattle slaughter Illegal slaughter Illegal transportation jallikattu Kelly Johnson Levin Municipal Corporation of Srinagar (SMC) Parsee Parsi Prof. Sonya Ghosh Rakesh Shukla Sarvodaya Sevabhavi Sanstha SDFB Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (SKUAST SONYA GHOSH Stray Dog Free Bangalore stray dogs bangalore Supreme Court Tamil Nadu High Court TAMIL NADU REGULATION OF JALLIKATTU ACT The Voice of STray Dogs Traer Scott VoSD VoSD Conference on Catalyzing Activism for Stray Dogs WP (PIL)427/2007 AND WP No.4034/2007 WP(PIL)501/2007 WP(PIL) 4920/2007 WP (PIL)6229/2007 WP(PIL)7642/2007 WP(PIL)7644/2007