(Some) VoSD’s dogs have been poisoned at the VoSD Trauma Center, likely by ‘NGO activists’ in Bangalore
Posted on | October 16, 2014 | No Comments
VoSD’s SOP is clear that we will NOT allow any casual visitors to our facilities – only registered volunteers and employees are allowed. The people who have the most problem with this it are a section of Bangalore ‘activists’ working for a couple of NGOs and their sympathizers and the spammers working for them that has been referred to in an earlier post (picked up by the trashy yellow journalist and editor of Bangalore Mirror). These guys have the option of registering – but will not.
We are on record with the authorities on why we do not allow casual people to come in – because we fear our dogs being poisoned. The absolutely low nature of some of these folks has made us live with that fear. The revolving complaints, the spamming of our pages to get VoSDs responses and the set up with the police and press to force arrest left no doubt.
It was in 22nd Sept that a dog went missing from the new VoSD Trauma Center – he was a known jumper and had to be kept in a cage for that reason. It was the second time the dog had been reported to us – the first time he had been treated to a tumor and returned. The dog was being released on Sept 22nd and for that he was being brought out of the cage. He bit the handler and jumped the 5-6′ fence. The caller had reported 2 dogs – one dog was returned to caller and she was told of this in person by our staff. This was also updated on the CRM and therefore available to her in writing.
In the 1st week of Oct a woman – who is on our blacklist because of her proximity to this particular ‘NGOs’ and their sympathizers that have earlier fabricated situations to bring VoSD to disrepute and have had an active role to play in the ‘fixing and arrest’ of VoSD’s founder Rakesh Shukla as will be revealed in subsequent publication.
Since lady is on a blacklist she can’t report dogs to us – but claimed she reported ‘through’ someone else. This is also a classic sympton of subverting the VoSD SOP process as has been done before by a certain other woman – who called but did NOT hand over the dogs and claimed the dogs to be ‘hers’!
This woman approached me through a friend of mine about ‘her dog’. My ‘friend’ kept vouching for her and and that she be taken to the location to ‘find the dog’ against our SOP. She then invited herself to our office without and was very apologetic about the past. We then let her visit the VoSD TC on Oct 7th, with our people to give the dog a chance, with an undertaking in writing that she will not disclose the location of the VoSD Trauma Center publicly. However that same evening she published the location on certain WhatsApp group(s) to organize search parties! We tried calling her back on Oct 7th to object but our calls were not taken.
Over the next few days she returned with different people. At one time in a car that did not approach but kept parked a distance away when our staff was there. The other person(s) searching with her did not get out of the car at all.
This may or may not be related – which will now be for the police to find out but on the morning of 8th Oct the 1st dog was found dead. In quick succession 3 dogs had died. All the dogs had these in common:
- They all had external/superficial wounds none that were life threatening and none had any disease of showed any distressl
- They all had spent considerable time with us – so were well known to us
- They all were very friendly – unlike many our other injured dogs that are shy and retiring
- They all were mobile that meant that can even get up and approach you – unlike the others that are too badly injured to be able to move under their free will
- Since they had gone through a lot and each had a relationship with the VoSD Founder, staff had instructions not to release these dogs and the dogs will live with us for the rest of their lives.
In effect these are dogs that would come running to our fence unlike others. Our fence is only a wire mesh since neither the land belongs to us, its on lease, nor can be we build permanent structures there.
It was not apparent to us that these could be connected till the 3rd one died. The trend was very disturbing since we know if a dog is failing and in poor health. And no effort is spared including any amount of transfusions to keep the dog a fighting chance. But all these dogs were healthy – they’d eaten well and were found in the morning with blood from their orifices.
It needs to be said where our Trauma Center is since when it moved. TC1 and TC2 were in the thick of human habitation with homes adjoining ours. One could not approach it without being seen. TC3 is in a middle of thick brush for kilometers around in what is civilian land adjoining defense land. For this reason it has no building authorizations for large buildings. We do not have power supply and our staff is there till 8PM when we leave.
On the death of the 3rd dog – the trend became clear – and it was sent for an autopsy. The autopsy performed by undoubtedly the best doctor in Bangalore – confirmed that dog had been poisoned.
This killing seems to be a progression of the events in this order:
- Step 1: From Sept 1 – Sept 7/8 VoSD faces a huge volume of allegations & spam on VoSD FB pages from fake profiles (that is continuously reported by us). This is to draw a reaction from VoSD and was the trigger for,
- Step 2: There was no response from VoSD but was on VoSD Founders personal FB page on Sept 10 about limiting the public interaction of VoSD in some way. This was used by a plugged Bangalore Mirror which used it on a front page article (on Sept 12) to highlight the word ‘Bitchy’ and this was part of the plan to trigger,
- Step 3: A complaint the police had not taken cognizance had been lodged in another police station, and the plugged Bangalore Mirror, article was the trigger to show ‘continued provocation’ by the complainant on Sept 12 itself (later revelations will show that the same complainant and the same reporter had worked on the same ‘set up’ before). This worked as a trigger for,
- Step 4: VoSD’s Founder was arrested the next day i.e. Sept 13, which was the trigger for
- Step 5: Which was a Bangalore Mirror carried this on full page 3 story without checking anything with the accused – the Bangalore Mirror’s staff was profusely apologetic to VoSD team members because he said the story looked rigged but the editor was steadfast that this is in public interest and helps sell the paper. This was followed by,
- Step 6: A massive concerted attack on the VoSD website that had begun on Sept 13 morning and that brought down the website completely on Sept 14! Some Bangalore NGO sympathizers and Bangalore Mirror had supposedly achieved what they set out to – to close VoSD in real and on online. But VoSD did not. And looks like that has prompted continued action,
- Probable Step 7: A woman as described here brings up about a dog – that was not reported by her – as in the earlier case to make a play for this group to locate the VoSD Trauma Center, triggering
- Probable Step 8: The people behind this and who found the location through (7) have poisoned VoSD Trauma Center dogs that were otherwise healthy.
We have the list of people on the said WhatsApp group , and those who left if in the last few days. A sizable number of them on our blacklist and our erstwhile friends and associated with Sarvodaya etc.
While the confirmation is only for the last dog to die of poisoning – the trend leaves no doubt for us what is happening. But its not for VoSD to say who has done these dastardly acts. Beyond this now its for the investigative authorities to take action.
We’re obtaining permissions to draw power – to make the area floodlit and to have 24 hr CCTV surveillance with backup power. We also have put a 2 person 24 hrs detail. These measures will be in effect in the next couple of days.