Posted on | December 20, 2013 | 1 Comment
‘The Voice of Stray Dogs’ (VoSD) Fund Raise of Rs 30,000 for St. Bernard’s Animal Welfare Trust (Gurgaon)
Posted on | December 6, 2013 | No Comments
Read on and participate to help the 30 dogs, 1 bull and 1 emu lovingly brought to health and kept for life by this aging couple in Gurgaon. See about The Voice of Stray Dogs (VoSD) here
Why does VoSD help other organizations?
The formative idea of VoSD is to help dogs. The question is the scale of impact. Which is along these lines:
- How do we impact the lives of 1,000,000X dogs in India? Information, data and analysis. More, and correct, relevant information is critical in influencing policy, court decisions and media opinion. In 2 years VoSD runs the largest stray dogs related content site in the world. And our data is the backbone of multiple court cases in India’s High Courts and the Supreme Court.
- How do we impact 100,000X dogs in a region? Investigation into agencies acting on dogs keeps them honest. 5 such agencies have either closed or transformed due to VoSDs investigation and reporting.
- How do we impact 1000x dogs in a city? Direct medical action. VoSD provides the most sophisticated medical care available in India to stray dogs that are reported to us and in our care (in Bangalore). We’re the largest privately run and the most efficient dog rescue agency in the country. And we’re set to scale.
- How do we impact 100x dogs in a city? We help people who help dogs. This includes police and court action for cruelty and for protecting the rights of citizens. And of helping the individuals and agencies that helps dogs. We call this ‘VoSD Gives’
What is the help we’ve given before?
- Distribution of laptops and computers to AWOs/ NGOs for bringing in greater effectiveness in their operations. The recipients have included Sarvodaya (Bangalore), Animal Care Society (New Delhi) Fauna Police (New Delhi), CUPA (Bangalore), Friendicoes SECA (New Delhi) and others.
- Financial assistance to specific dogs in CUPA (Bangalore) and fund raise for Maruthi Animal Shelter (Bangalore)
- Technical and legal assistance to Cessna Lifeline (Bangalore)
- Rehoming dogs from shelters in distress including 21 dogs from ARF (Bangalore) and 15 dogs from ARF (Kerala)
Why are we trying to help St Bernard’s Animal shelter at this time?
Today a small independent animal welfare organization called St Bernard’s Animal Welfare Trust, based in Gurgaon, needs your help. It is run by with great grace and dignity by Chrys and Crescentia Scolt Fernandes, an aged couple, It is funded solely through proceeds from the Bernardo’s Goan restaurant run by them in Gurgaon, and a few kind donors from time to time.
- It is run in a half-acre farm at Chand Nagar ki Dhani, Farukhnagar, Gurgaon, Haryana. They have been health setbacks and they just can’t work harder, at this age, to provide for the animals in their care.
- 30 dogs, a bull and an emu call St Bernard’s their home. All have been rescued rescued from various places in and around Gurgaon. Read more