VoSD on TV
CNN IBN 'India Positive' features 'The Voice of Stray Dogs'
ABN News (formerly Star News) features 'The Voice of Stray Dogs'
Bangalore's No 1 news channel News9 on VoSD (Part 1)
Bangalore's No 1 news channel News9 on VoSD (Part 2)
- CUPA's ABC of catching dogs - some dogs are too old to learn new tricks
- AWS Queens Road Bangalore: Report on findings point to merciless killing, not just callousness
- Animal Welfare Society (AWS) - an ABC deathtrap that should be shut down
- Hell for stray dogs is the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Autonagar dog pound
- 'Stray Dogs in Indian Cities' - a photo-essay by Gokul Krishnan
- Of touristy ‘Elephant Camps’, elephant training and ‘disciplining’ rogue elephants. This time in Sakrebailu, Shimoga, Karnataka
- Illegal Slaughter house in Rajamudry, East Godavari District run with the knowledge & complicity of the Corporation. Report by Gopal R Surabathula & Animal Rescue Org
- 100+ dogs killed in a 2 hr operation in Aratakatla, Kakinada Rural, East Godavari Dist on July 8. A report by Gopal R Surabathula on location
- Jallikattu Judgement by the Supreme Court of India (Part III): Speciesism and Fundamental Rights on Animals
- Jallikattu Judgement: When the Supreme Court of India declared the rights of animals to be an issue of “Seminal Importance” (Part II)
- Jallikattu Judgement: When the Supreme Court of India declared the rights of animals to be an issue of “Seminal Importance” (Part I)
- The Supreme Court of India rules against animal abuse: Bans Jallikattu and Bullock cart racing
- CNVR in practice in India (Part I): How it ‘eased’ its way in India ‘through’ the sub par TANUVAS-AWBI research
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
You will find the richest sources of data in population, rabies control and other issues pertaining to strays here.
- Animal Birth Control (Dogs) Rules, 2001: Official Notification on 24th December, 200
- Press Release (5 Aug 2011): Press Release on Forensics of Sandeeps death by US Team
- Forensic Report (4 Aug 2011) by James Crosby on the death of Sandeep at New Yelahanka Town in Bangalore on 1 July 2001: Full text of forensic evidence review by US experts made public for the first time: Sandeep’s death not because of animals
- Report (The Voice of Stray Dogs, 2011): Whitepaper on the mass hysteria created in the press on an alleged dog attack in New Yelahanla Town on 1 July 2011. The mass hysteria fed by the media, the legal standpoint and the reality of what happened.
- Presentation (Dr Chinny S. Krishna, 2010): Humane Dog Population Control is as simple as ABC: Dog population control and ABC achievement in India
- Report (Dr. S. Chinny Krishna, December 2010): The Success of the ABC-AR Programme in India. A study of the Animal Birth Control (ABC) – Anti Rabies (AR) programme and a comparison with the earlier catch-and-kill procedure conclusively shows the success and feasibility of the former in both the control of the street dog population and the incidence of rabies in dogs and humans. Chennai has not reported a single case of human rabies since January 2007 to the time of writing this in December 2010.
- Presentation (BBMP, 2010-2011): Presentation of BBMP’s ABC Program by Dr Parvez Piran ( 2010-11 ). Authored by BBMP. Shows – the expense on ABC has actually dropped, it was Rs 1.78 crores in 2008-2009 and Rs 1.04 crores in 2009-2010. Essentially the same expense level as 2002-2003.
- Presentation (Dr Ilona Otter IPAN, unknown): Animal Birth Control (ABC) using the Catch-Neuter-Vaccinate-Release (CNVR)-method. Dr. Ilona Otter, IPAN
- Report (KIMS, 2007) ABC performance audit report by KIMS 2007 submitted to BBMP in 2007, from where BBMP officials, Stray Dog Free Bangalore (SDFB) and the media often selectively mis-quotes from in support of the argument that ABC is not working and ABC rules should be amended to resume indiscriminate dog culling. The truth is otherwise – read story here.
- Report (ICAM, unknown) Report on HUMANE DOG POPULATION MANAGEMENT GUIDANCE by International Companion Animal Management Coalition. This document is intended for use by government bodies and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) which are involved in dog population management.
- Research Paper (J. F. Reece, S. K. Chawla, 2006) : Rabies with ABC Control in Jaipur, published in The Veterinary Record, September 16, 2006
- Report (Louisa Tasker, 2007): Stray Animal Control Practices (Europe) – A report into the strategies for controlling stray dog and cat populations is authored by Louisa Tasker and is based upon questionnaire responses returned by Member Societies and Associated Organisations of WSPA and RSPCA International (2006 – 2007)
- Report (Brian Faulkner, unknown): Humane Stray Dog Control by Brian Faulkner MIACE. In 1999, Brian joined the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) and was responsible for managing many of their stray dog control programmes globally.
- Research Paper (Totton,S.C.,etal, 2010): Stray dog population demographics in Jodhpur, India following a population control/ rabies vaccination program.
- Report (Dorothea Friz veterinary of LEGA PRO ANIMALE, 2003): The Problem of Stray Animals practical and effective management methods. Published by The Foundation Mondo Animale Onlus.
- Report (WHO, 1993) WHO Technical Report Series 931 WHO EXPERT CONSULTATION ON RABIES.
- AWBI Guides, published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How to file an FIR’; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How To Help An Existing Shelter’ ; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on Patrolling Markets For Wild Animal Bird Sales & Sale Of Animal Products; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How To Check A Zoo’; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How To Check A Dairy’; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
- AWBI Guide on ‘How to Sensitise The Media Towords Animal Welfare’; Published by AWBI, digitized and distributed free by ‘The Voice of Strays Dogs’
RACE TO 10 LACS
Rs. 1064302 of Rs. 10 lakh
0 5L 10 L
VoSD Source of funds*
16.29 lakhs 298 lakhs
Donor funds Founder funds
Search VoSD CRM
VoSD Rescue quick STATS
|Service available since: 2012-10-15 |
Days in Service: 645
Blood bank Quick Stats
|Service available since: 2014-01-02 |
Days in Service: 201
CONTRIBUTE TO VoSD in INR
Look for content37197/2011 clubbed with WP(PIL)641/2007 Animal Rights Fund Animal Welfare Board of India Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) Animal Welfare Society ARF AWBI AWS bakr-id Bangalore BBMP CUPA Diana Bharucha Dog attack dog bite Dr Piran Hyderabad jallikattu Kelly Johnson Levin Municipal Corporation of Srinagar (SMC) Parsee Parsi Prof. Sonya Ghosh Rakesh Shukla Sandeep SDFB Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (SKUAST smuggling cattle to Bangladesh SONYA GHOSH Stray Dog Free Bangalore stray dogs bangalore Supreme Court Tamil Nadu High Court TAMIL NADU REGULATION OF JALLIKATTU ACT The Voice of STray Dogs Traer Scott VoSD VoSD Conference on Catalyzing Activism for Stray Dogs WP (PIL)427/2007 AND WP No.4034/2007 WP(PIL)501/2007 WP(PIL) 4920/2007 WP (PIL)6229/2007 WP(PIL)7642/2007 WP(PIL)7644/2007