- CUPA's ABC of catching dogs - some dogs are too old to learn new tricks
- AWS Queens Road Bangalore: Report on findings point to merciless killing, not just callousness
- Animal Welfare Society (AWS) - an ABC deathtrap that should be shut down
- 'Stray Dogs in Indian Cities' - a photo-essay by Gokul Krishnan
- Hell for stray dogs is the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Autonagar dog pound
- Dogs killed, strung and hung on NH24 at Ghaziabad, police finally takes the PFA complaint
- ‘Uma’ the Stray Dog feeder of Cubbon Park: A photo essay by Rashna Lentin
- A Case Study on taking on a Resident Welfare Association (RWA) wanting dogs removed: ‘The Pet Parents’ association vs the RWA of North Nirvana Country, Gurgaon [Part I]
- Spread some love for animals in distress: Whom to petition and why in the AWBI & the Ministry of Environment and Forests!
- Dilip Bafna’s GUTTER TALK is ARF’s official response to AWBI’s show cause notice!
- Sequel to an Auschwitz for dogs: Who let the ARF dogs out?
- Prequel to an Auschwitz for dogs: Animal Rights Fund (ARF) shelter in Kengeri (Bangalore) in the months before The Voice of Stray Dogs (VoSD) investigation
- AWBI gets the Supreme Court to stay the Karnataka High Court order directing the BBMP to cull strays that are a ‘menace’ or ‘cause nuisance’
- 31 Blackbucks killed by 2 stray dogs at Kanpur Zoo on the night of 19 & 20th Jan 2013. Can that be for real: An investigation by Kamna Pandey in Kanpur
- AWBI Identity Cards for street dog feeders & colony caretakers: Their relevance, and how you can get them
- Auschwitz for dogs: Animal Rights Fund (ARF) dogs need an Auschwitz Relief Foundation (ARF) to save them from certain death
- RTI response on Rabies in India: APCRI lifts data off WHO and condemns the Indian dog, whereas the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) & Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI) data is very different
- The 1st availability of the official Karnataka High Court Verdict on Stray Dogs (Part III): Dogs which are a menace or cause nuisance irrespective of whether there is evidence of such dogs having mauled or bitten children or adults, can be exterminated by the BBMP
- Karnataka High Court Verdict on Stray Dogs (Part II): The first ‘analysis’ of the ‘unofficial’ order that the defendants will NOT take a stay against!!
- Karnataka High Court Verdict on Stray Dogs (Part I): This is what the BBMP desires – To put down dogs it decides should not live
All Photo © Traer Scott and from Traer Scott’s book ‘Street Dogs’ (Merrell, 2007). Photo’s used by permission of Traer Scott by ‘The Voice of Stray Dogs’. We’d earlier featured here book ‘Shelter Dog’ (Merrell, 2006). Traer Scott is a Rhode Island based photographer and author of the bestselling books Shelter Dogs (Merrell Publishers 2006), [...]
All Photo © Traer Scott and from Traer Scott’s book ‘Shelter Dogs’ (Merrell Publishers, 2006). Photo’s used by permission of Traer Scott by ‘The Voice of Stray Dogs’. See the photo gallery from the book here Traer Scott is a Rhode Island based photographer and author of the bestselling books Shelter Dogs (Merrell Publishers 2006), [...]
Trauma service Quick Stats
|Service available since: 2012-06-04 |
Days in Service: 351
Contribute to VoSD
Recent Comments on Strays.in
- N. Jayaram: I like the last two brief sentences: ” only we would be acknowledged for what...
- Deah Harish: Very beautifuly written. Touching and appalling at the same time is the plight of...
- Dr. Karan Singh Chauhan: I wish to bring to the notice of all that almost similar situation exist...
- Neyaz: I think it’s only can be happen in our country…in other develop country are...
- chennausha: hai, I live in hyderabad and i like all kinds of wild life very much ilove dogs i do...
- jaya: “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are...
- jaya: INDIANS ARE CRUEL.
- janet madison: Disgusting and horrible. I had thought that Thailand and Vietnam were the only...
- satya: Pls tell me how to get my dog out side of karuna I left it 2 days before pls help me. Its...
- Navneet Chatrath: Very useful indeed We really need humans who stand up for the animals and also...
- HARI: HI ALL,TODAY GHMC STRAY CATCHING UNIT ARRIVED AT MY PLACE AND THEY FORCEFULLY TOOK THE DOG...
- Kiran Rao: To Strays Admin: I am so relieved to hear from you! I would like to have an ID to feed...
- Meher: Impressed by the tenacity of the animal lovers. If only people realized this planet is for...
- dr saraswati singh: thanks for doing the right things,god bless you all and increase your breed
- abhishek: Awesome man…kudos to pet parents for taking such courageous steps. I m sure all...
Look for content37197/2011 clubbed with WP(PIL)641/2007 Animal Birth Control Rules (Dogs) 2001 Animal Rights Fund Animal Welfare Board of India Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) Animal Welfare Society ARF AWBI AWS bakr-id Bangalore BBMP CUPA Diana Bharucha Dog attack dog bite Dr Piran High Court of Judicature at Bombay Hyderabad jallikattu Kashmir Municipal Corporation Kelly Johnson Levin Municipal Corporation of Srinagar (SMC) Parsee Parsi Prof. Sonya Ghosh Sandeep SDFB Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (SKUAST smuggling cattle to Bangladesh SONYA GHOSH Stray Dog Free Bangalore Supreme Court Supreme Court S.L.P. (Civil) No. 691 of 2009 TAMIL NADU REGULATION OF JALLIKATTU ACT The Voice of STray Dogs Traer Scott VoSD Conference on Catalyzing Activism for Stray Dogs WP (PIL)427/2007 AND WP No.4034/2007 WP(PIL)501/2007 WP(PIL) 4920/2007 WP (PIL)6229/2007 WP(PIL)7642/2007 WP(PIL)7644/2007